Friday, April 13, 2012

on the yoga road again - outer banks bound!


Nine strangers....
Picked to live in a house....
And learn what happens when yogis get real.

Andy called me this morning as I was packing for the big trip, the big training in North Carolina.

That was how he greeted me....the opening from The Real World. I was a big fan back in the day. ;)

The house above is the yoga mansion where the nine yoginis joining together from across the US and up to Canada (love that there is always a Canadian!)will live, work, and play. Isn't it amazing?!! It really is perfect.

My boxcar is loaded with my prized possessions.....

Vitamix
Juicer
and yoga mat of course.

I've got lots of yoga clothes, blankets, blocks, straps, and a zafu cushion.
I've got some treats packed (including a HUGE bag o' coffee). You can take away a lot of things from yogis....but for some....well best not to mess with the coffee.

I've got half my weight in books packed. Tests are printed, certificates in folders, handouts and manual. Speakers, pinktop, incense, candles, Ganesha, and more. A framed photo of Andy and myself on the beach.

I have a lot.
Yet I'm sure there will be something I forget.
And that's ok.

I read this poem this morning by Rumi and thought of the gals I'll be with for the next two plus weeks. The work we'll do.

And how so much of it is just as Rumi says...
We're going mining for magnificence.

Whatever you love here in existence
Has been gold-plated by God's qualities;
When that gold goes back to Origin
Only a dull copper will remain,
And you will be disgusted and reject it.
Don’t go on calling counterfeit coin "beautiful"
That beauty you love is only borrowed.
Gold will abandon all surfaces in the end
And return to the Mine of Magnificence.
Why not set out for that Mine?
The light will return from the wall to the sun;
Go now to that Sun that dances always in harmony.
From now on, take your water from heaven directly
Why go on trusting a rusting drainpipe?


Please send awesome thoughts our way. I would greatly appreciate that.

I'll be thinking of the treehouse, the teachers, the students, and all my fam and friends and I journey off to do this work that truly lights my heart afire.

so much love,
sharon

1 comment:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Sending wonderful thoughts and loving energy your way!

What a beautiful place to gather for yoga.