Friday, September 05, 2008

barefoot works celebrates two years of yoga!


Yippy another great year of yoga for BW here in Lexington
!

Over the past year we've taught yoga to more than 3000 Lexingtonians....if there is such a word.

As our classes have grown we've had to make a few changes at the studio, such as expanding the cork floor to the front door. Yes there was a time (like this time last year) that it wasn't like this. I hear people joking (but maybe your not ;-)that soon we'll have to bust a wall down or expand to the parking lot!

We've also been out in the community sharing yoga in places like Bluegrass Regional, St. Joseph Hospital, VA, Jessamine Co.Public Schools, Joesph Beth, Stars Camp participants, and Breast Cancer Survivors groups.

We started and completed Lexington's first 200 hour yoga teacher training registered with Yoga Alliance.

We've grown from a teaching staff of two to five, adding more knowledge, more personaliyy, and more joy to the classes at BW.

We traveled back to my favorite place for our annual yoga retreat, Maya Tulum for a week of sand, sun, fun, and lots of yoga and massage of course.

I personally traveled to San Francisco for a Yoga Journal Conf. to practice with Seane, Shiva and Sharon. I did a training for thai yoga massage and later this month another yoga therapy training.

It's enough to make me feel very happy to live this life and of course to share it all with you.

Thank you for your support.
Thank you for your kindness.
Thank you for choosing Barefoot Works.
I know that there are only 24 hours in any given day and I'm always thankful that you choose to spend a chunk of your time at Barefoot Works.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
From the very bottom of my heart.

So please come out tonight at 7:00 and celebrate with us at Barefoot Works. It'll be an evening for playful partner yoga, yummy vegetarian treats, and hanging out with other great yogi's! I hope to see you tonight!
Namaste.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for providing a place of healing and rest for us! I have told all my new co-workers about Barefoot and am hoping they will love it as much as I do!