Tuesday, July 08, 2008

r&r


I had the very good fortune of spending three whole days on a big beautiful boat at Dale Hollow. The weekend was full of fireworks, yummy food (which included homemade ice cream), frolicking in the lake, and enjoying refreshing drinks with friends. Andy and I got to spend good quality time with our best buds, Liz and Tony. We caught up, laughed, danced a bit and sang a lot. Very good stuff.

Since I've been back (which hasn't been long) I'm focusing on the Tulum, Mexico retreat as I'm leaving in two more days! Yesterday was spent shopping for supplies needed for the trip. My friend was with me at Target and as I piled scissors, pretty pens, glue, color pencils, suncreen, flashlight, and more into my cart she says "If your bag gets checked, you're gonna have some explaining to do."

I did treat myself to a massage yesterday. Actually my sweet yoga trainees treated me to some massages. This was the first of four they bought for me as a gift. Then the shopping continued on to Micheals and Kmart.

Mostly, I'm feeling very happy these days. The first teacher training is finished, which I don't think I've completely processed just yet. I feel like this is such a milestone for myself, the studio, and the new teachers of course. I'm hoping the extra two days in Mexico will help me with bringing this to a close and I'll return very ready to gear up for next year. This seems most logical as I already have a few people rearing up, ready to go next time around. So if you are interested in applying for the training, my plan is to begin taking applications in August.

Much of July is being spent treating myself with some fun little trips. Like the boating, a couple extra days in Mexico and a two day trip with Andy to Asheville or Nashville, before he starts the new teaching year back again. I see the importance in taking time to care for oneself, and I fully intend to do that. And I hope that you're doing just the same. :-)

Have a happy Tuesday. Please join me at the studio today or tomorrow for a happy yoga class. Delia Rose a sweet,young and wise little gal from training will be teaching the noon class tomorrow. With a name like that how could she not be all of those?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awesome fireworks pic! It took us a bit to remember that Canadians of course don't celebrate the 4th of July! We made it to Fairbanks finally. Good luck with Tulum and I'm sure that Delia's class will be fabulous!