Thursday, April 24, 2008

the middle road


As far as inner transformation is concerned, there is nothing you can do about it. You cannot transform yourself, and you certainly cannot transform your partner or anybody else. All you can do is create a space for transformation to happen, for grace and love to enter.-
Elkhart Tolle

Today I realized that I am all too often, an all on nothing kinda gal.
Today I realized that I need to follow the middle path a bit more.
Everything is not do or die.

After feeling a little funky and after leaving some not so nice voice mails a manager (and an owner...yes I was upset)I went to my yoga mat and sat an intention to gain some wisdom, some insight, and possibly some answers. I'm convinced that each of us have the answers to our deepest questions. I'm convinced that we hold this in our body. I'm completely convinced that it we try, we can totally tap into that place, that source when we need.

And those above statements were my realizations.

That's just another reason why I have to practice yoga. Yoga is my chosen practice that creates the space that allows transformation to happen. Sometimes I'm transformed permanently and sometimes it's momentarily. I see the good in both.

Thank you to everybody in class this evening. After teaching, like so many other times....I'm reminded of why I teach yoga. I'm reminded of the power of the practice. I'm reminded of how great it is to be surrounded by such good hearted people.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Have a sweet weekend. :-)

No comments: