Saturday, February 09, 2008

joy



Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal."

Joy was the theme of today's yoga practice. As I was driving to the studio early this morning, the sun rise was bee-u-tee-ful. I had one of those moments when you feel a wave of happiness wash over you. I wanted to share this with others, remind others how much we have to be happy about. I got to the studio and I found a few quotes to share at the end of class (including the one above) and found a nice groovy tune to for savasana (This Little Light of Mine).


During the opening/centering time we meditated on the word "joy". Held it in our mind, our body and our hearts. Observing if any thoughts, words, feelings, or associations came up while we stayed with "joy". During the sun salutations we recalled early joyful memories and times. We reminded ourselves of how much fun it can be in downward facing dog. Really, how many people other than yogi's spend a good amount of time in an inverted "v", supporrting themselves with their hands and their feet. Yogi's and young kids, I imagine. Yoga keep you young, child-like and joyful in many ways. I keep coming back to this notion in my practice. Yoga can be deep, transformative, and profound. But for me it's also a fun and joyful practice. Always, I keep coming back to that. I hope you find your way there as often as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.