Wednesday, January 02, 2008

the trees and me

"When I am among the trees,
especially the willows and the honey locust,
equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,
they give off such hints of gladness.
I would almost say that they save me,
and daily.

I am so distant from the hope of myself,
in which I have goodness,
and discernment,
and never hurry through the world
but walk slowly,
and bow often.

Around me the trees stir in their leaves,
and they call out, "stay awhile".
The light flows from their branches.

And they call again, "It's simple" they say.
"and you too have come into this world to do this,
to go easy,
to be filled with light
and to shine.
-Mary Oliver

That was tonight's reading at the end of yin yoga. Isn't it beautiful?? Nature has a way like no other.

I'll be on channel 27 at noon tomorrow. Tune in to see me chatting it up about yoga. The lovely Sarah Frank will be with me showing a couple yoga poses.

1 comment:

bella said...

Ah, this is a long needed exhale.
THese words bring rest and light of their own.
this is what I am here for.
Thank-you.