Friday, January 25, 2008

guest house


This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness
comes as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes in,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
By a fave.....Rumi
I hope that these words of inspiration serve you as much as me.
Things are super busy around the land of Barefoot Works. Blog postings are more random, meals are irregular, and I'm lucky to spend an hour with Andy before crashing on the couch. I'm so very grateful that Andy and I had some time in DC, to play, to indulge, to reconnect, to have fun. Without fun getaways, I'd be a very sad, sad soul. I don't need a lot to make me happy. I don't care about expensive cars, fancy jewelry or the designer clothes. A week at the beach is like a rebirth for me.
PS - Bella, I get quotes and passages from all over the place. I have books of quotes and poetry and many of my yoga/meditation/spiritual books have beautiful words that inspire me to dig deeper to discover my true self.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quote!
Just got back from a lovely birthday dinner with my family. I got a wonderful gift - a certificate from Barefoot Works for 5 classes! What a perfect present! Ella (the 3 yr. old) said, "Happy Birthday Meems! Are you 3 too?! Out of the mouths of babes!
irene (a.k.a. "Meems")

bella said...

I love this poem.
It is one of my favorites.
and wherever you find these gems, I am grateful you share them here.