Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sacred Sunday


I, like every other working person, love Sundays. It's the last day of the weekend and our last effort to get quality "me" time in before the week sets in. Here are a few of my favorite ways to indulge on Sunday:
  1. Drive to a nearby town such as Berea or Midway and explore. Both are wonderful towns full of eclectic shops and yummy restaurants.
  2. While I'm in Midway, dine at Holly Hill Inn, my fave place to eat! Fine dining in a historic home out in the country.
  3. getting off the beaten path with my camera taking shots of trees, cows, clouds, flowers, barns and anything else that interests me at the time. Gotta love digital cameras!
  4. Read a book or magazine in the bear claw tub. Bubbles, candles and a glass of wine make it extra special. It is Sunday afterall ;-)
  5. Take the dogs to the nearby field. Lay and watch the clouds.
  6. Cook a good dinner. Sunday is one of the few days that I have enough time to make a full meal.
  7. Meditate and do a restorative yoga practice. Again, it's Sunday. They'll be plenty enough time to "sweat my asana off" during the week.
  8. Go to the bookstore and roam around.
  9. Take a nap on the couch.
  10. Go for a run then stretch underneath a great big tree in the cemetery.
  11. Go to the coffee shop, get a yummy drink and read the Sunday paper with Andy.
  12. Go to bed with warm sheets and quilt fresh from the dryer.
  13. Write in my journal.

No comments: