Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Flexible


Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. ~Author Unknown

It is often said in the yoga world that the areas in which you struggle with on the mat are the areas in which you struggle in your everyday life. For me personally, this is very true. As you can see from the photo, that would be flexibility. Poses that require strength and balance come much easier to me than poses that require flexibility. And I'll admit that at times I'm not the most "flexible" person to deal with. I'm a true Taurus and I can be as stubborn as a bull. I like to do things my way and on my own terms (I knew this small business thing would be perfect for me). However, there are times when this lack of flexibility, both on and off the yoga mat, is inconvenient and annoying. There are times when compromise is necessary. So slowly, one day at a time, I'm stretching my body and my mind. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be able to rest my head on my legs in a seated forward fold. I may not be the most flexible, but I am quiet patient.

No comments: