Wednesday, January 18, 2012

my unconditional committment to wholehearted living



As my previous post noted, wholehearted is my theme for 2012. A couple weeks ago I got the book "The Gifts of Imperfection" by Brene Brown. I've read her blog for a couple of years and enjoy her writing. But this book, you MUST get it. It's good. Really good.

This is where I fell in love with the idea of living, loving, and teaching wholeheartedly.

I'm spending more time thinking about what that will look and feel like. This morning I also went through my most recent journal and notes to pick words and phrases that resonate with me. This is my list so far:

something new emerges
touching hearts
sincerely devoted
purification of body and mind
fullness overflowing
wholeness
inspiring change
creating space for imperfection
deeply determined
seeking the source
oasis of stillness
live passionately
simplify
feed the soul
believe in magic (sorry Disney)
sacred courage (this was my theme last year and it still resonates)
hosting healthy thoughts
revel in the richness of life
remember your divinity
letting go, touching down
soaking up sweet goodness
anchored with a practice
true hearted contemplation
creating order while open to change
say what i mean, mean what i say (thanks Michael Franti)
peaceful transitions
dancing with what is
a world of endless possibilities
take a leap
immersion into nourishment
laugh, play, and dance (as in the video above!)

Clearly these are broad, vague, and open but I know the meaning behind them.

Next step is creating actual goals and plans.

Love this stuff.
Total dreaming, scheming, pondering and planning geek.

PS - I added the bit about committments because every where I look and read I see committments and promises. It's also a big part of my life coaching immersion work. And so it is, unconditional committments. That's gonna be fun (and tough)!

No comments: