Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Down with Doug


I had the good fortune of attending a workshop with the fabulous Doug Swenson this weekend. Doug is the author of "Power Yoga for Dummies" and "Mastering the Secrets of Yoga Flow". I completed a yoga teacher training a couple of years ago with David Swenson, Doug's brother. So needless to say, I was quite excited to have the opportunity to study with another talented yogi.

Doug was completely charming and refreshing. And as you can see from the photo (which was taken by a great friend, Harmony), he is quite laid back and down to earth. Doug helped to remind me that yoga doesn't always have to be so serious... you can have fun with yoga and still learn and grow from the practice. His teaching style is playful, powerful, contagious and captivating, all at the same time. As a devoted yoga practitioner, health advocate and environmentalists, he's someone to admire.

And the workshop couldn't have arrived at a more perfect time. The studio will be opening next Saturday on the 9th :-) Attending Doug's workshop gave me many great teaching ideas and I left feeling inspired and invigorated. Studying with Doug reminds me why I love yoga so much and reinforces my passion for sharing it with others.

To learn more about Doug visit http://www.dougswenson.net

No comments: