Wednesday, February 11, 2009

good days are here!


Today was such a good fun day! I did a consult with the good guys from Best Buy yesterday about getting the studio all suited up with a new sound system. Per their recommendations yesterday I went in this morning and purchased a receiver, five disc cd changer, four speakers, and a hookup thingy to make ipods play (clearly I'm not well versed in all this). It was just a little overwhelming...."Can I go with the outdoor speakers, just cause they're white and will match the decor of the studio?" And yes I could! I had to upgrade to the five disc cd changer just to make it easier on us yoga teachers. Hopefully by the end of the week, you'll be able to hear our instructions much easier if you're in the back of the space! Hoping so anyway. :-)

I taught class at noon. I really enjoy teaching this class as I feel like I have a bit more freedom to do things differently. So we focused on grounding postures and even threw a couple restorative poses in at the end.

Ate a Luna bar for lunch along with sipping some yummy tea. Had a private session at 1:30 that is normally a semi-private. I did some thai yoga massage with her then we focused on hips and hammies. I've been seeing this sweet gal for months now and she's always a delight.

Had time to eat a few almonds and dried fruit (Luna bar didn't quite do the trick) just before my conference call at 3:00. Gathered on a phone call with other yogis from as far away as Australia and discussed teaching and operating a business in tough economic times from a place of abundance or scarcity. Uh, let's go with the abundance. Scarcity never ever feels good.

Finished the phone call, scheduled a private session for tomorrow with a dear one that I haven't seen in a while. Looking forward to that. Met with another gal who signed up for our private introductory special and a month of classes, scheduled for Monday. I don't really advertise private (a bit more now than in the past) but I've found that since I did the yoga therapy training, they're just coming in. And I really enjoy doing them. In the past I felt like they were just too much work. Now they are a fave....along with leading retreats and teacher training. We've scheduled another yoga therapy training for the fall. If you're thinking of doing it, you should. It's so worth every penny.

Met Tara with Natural Awakenings and upgraded with our monthly ads. I just love this publication. They are doing an excellent job with bringing us a real health and wellness magazine from a more holistic view. And the calendar in the back?! Who knew that we've got such great things going on in the community? Then taught the Yin Yoga class at 6:00. Zens me out just seeing everyone else so zenned out. Even among the crazy winds tonight in the new studio that has been called "the yoga tree house". Very good.

Planning to have sweet pleasant dreams tonight. Wishing you much of the same. :-)

Don't forget we're having a party this Friday night at 6:30. Do join us......

No comments: