Monday, January 22, 2007

Brrr, it's cold outside


"Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while."
Kin Hubbard
Isn't that so true?! I guess I don't have a whole lot to report today, so I've resorted to talking about the weather. Oh well....I wanted so badly to brave the cold and go outside and take pictures yesterday. But I didn't want to take my precious camera out in the drizzling rain. The ice frozen on the tree branches was just so pretty. I did escape to my front porch and the upstairs balcony to get a couple shots with my super lens. Then I was hanging out in my craft room (yes I now have a craft room and a yoga room...isn't life great) and noticed the baby ice frozen on my pretty old windows.
I did get an entertaining email from the YogaDawg today. It seems he wants to be on my mailing list, says he may drop in for workshop sometime. His writing is very clever and quite funny. I think it's actually quite refreshing, as yoga can be such a serious topic. Here's a section that I've copied from his YOGA Q & A section..
Q: Will Yoga turn me into a hippie? - From John S.
YogaDawg: As there haven’t been any hippies around for at least 30 years, that is not possible. On the other hand, you might find yourself wandering your neighborhood naked, looking like a sadhu covered with the ashes of the dead. This might disturb the neighbors as much as the hippies did.
Q: Will I become possessed by demons or serpents if I do Yoga? - From Ana B.
YogaDawg: Only if you are a member of a Fundamentalist religious cult, a Zombie or a member of a right-wing political group such as the Republicans.
Q: I have found myself buying great amounts of Yoga mats when I am at the GreatTranscendentalYoga Superstore. I have had to get rid of most of my husband’s clothes to make room for all of them. He is starting to notice his stuff is missing as I make more room in his closet for my mats. How can I continue to buy more mats and not piss off my husband? - From Cindy L.
YogaDawg: Buying mats from the GreatTranscendentalYoga Superstore is not a problem. On the other hand, we suggest that you convince your husband to install the Yoga Supercloset, available at the GreatTranscendentalYoga Superstore to make room for more of your mats. This might still piss him off, but not as bad as finding his clothes in boxes on the curb.
Too funny....

No comments: