Sunday, August 16, 2009

spiritual springiness


I read that term in a magazine tonight when I returned by a walk just before dark. Just a little while earlier I'd gone to my "hot" yoga room with hot tea, book, notepad and pen in hand. I lit a candle, set an intention. After centering, easy stretching and a few downward facing dogs, I wasn't feeling it.

So I put on my shoes, grabbed my ipod, and set out for a walk hoping to catch the last of the sunset. Walking and listening to my ipod has become a new fun thing for me to do. I've always been a bit of a traditionalist with the walking/jogging, preferring to hear my own, breath, thoughts, and hopefully a few birds chirping over music.

But as a bopped down the sidewalk and through the cemetery with tons of little white clouds, streaks of orange crossing the sky, and the music of Ziggy Marley I felt it was just what I needed to put some spring into my spiritual step. Cheers to being flexible and going with the flow as needed.

Enjoy....

No comments: