Wednesday, June 08, 2011

morning ritual


"Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how. The moment you know how, you begin to die a little. The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark." ~Agnes De Mille

Perfect quote for the theme of courage, right?

I've settled into a really beautiful morning routine. A few weeks ago I expressed that I wanted to get back to writing more, specifically just for me. I'm now two weeks into a sweet morning that looks like this:

6:30 Wake, let the dogs out, feed them, make my hot tea (now on a chai kick)
6:45 Go upstairs (with said tea) to me sweet yoga room, sit down, choose a pretty pen and write non stop for 15-20 minutes.
7:00 Do yoga for 30 - 45 minutes. This has been a sweaty, flowing, moving sort.
7:45 Read from The Artists Way
8:00 Go for a 20-30 minute walk

Happy happy happy. What a delicious way to spend the morning? I've been offering up Ayurveda challenges in the newsletters for a few months. The very first one was taking a look at your morning routine and making a few tweaks here and there. I can't say enough about carving out some type to set your day up in a sweet, special, fun and sacred way.

PS - Photo of Tulum palm and beach, taken by the awesome Martin Husch. Jettin' off in less than a month now! Wheeee, the countdown has begun.

No comments: