Monday, February 14, 2011

happy heart day!


"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." ~Marilyn Monroe

Today I'm feeling thankful for having amazing souls in my life. I awoke to the most awesome gift I could ever receive....my annual Valentines Day poem from Andy. I felt like a giddy lil schoolgirl as I snatched it up and excitedly read it. So touching. So funny. So perfect. So Andy. It's the best part about VDay.

I finally decided that it's time to put the studio laptop to rest. So the day included a quick trip to Best Buy to purchase a new studio computer. I got it all set up with relative ease (which was good cause I realllly don't like doing these things). Set up the username, password and such. Also scrubbed the studio floor by the front door. Winter and the salt sure does make a mess at the studio. It's looking better. Not perfect, but better. I spent a few hours at the studio and left just before Teresa arrived to teach her 4:30 class.

Met Andy at the allergy place (I'm sure it has a name but it escapes me now) where together he and I almost made a complete brain when it comes to the mess otherwise known as our insurance. I got there before Andy so I sat out in my car and spent about 20 lovely minutes warmed by the sun feeling more content reading then I have in over a week. It was a moment of simple joy. And so welcomed.

Had a sweet early Valentines dinner with Andy at Bella Notte. I missed a call from Teresa so I quickly called her back. Turns out while she was teaching the new computer took a snooze and she and Sarah were needing the password as students filed in for the next class.

I couldn't help but laugh when she said "The hint was..."you like it". So I was typing in chocolate, cake, coffee, anything food related I could think of that you like!" Too much! Sometimes I wonder what newbie students think when they come to the studio and they encounter this stuff, otherwise known as another day at Barefoot Works. ;)

Truth be told I wouldn't change a thing. I feel so very blessed. So very thank-full to have these yoga teachers frantically calling me cause I've done something crazy. I met with nearly all the BW's teachers yesterday and realized again how much I adore them. They are so very special to me.

And the BW's students. The absolute best. I truly have the best gig in the world. I literally just got an email from a student and she closed with "Barefoot Works is truly a very special place."

I totally agree. It's a special place because special people bring their hearts and smiles to visit often.

PS - Alright yoga buds I was so very open with the yuckiness of my flu last week. I'm so ready to be over it now. So what I need from you is not a look of care and concern (although I so appreciate it). When I hear, "Ohhh you're still sick and You still don't look well", it makes me feel...well not well. So even if I look or sound sick puhlease just don't even mention it. I'm ready to be known as more than the girl who had the flu. ;) Gracias, gracias, gracias!

No comments: