Thursday, June 24, 2010

just plain happy


Greetings Friends!

I'm at the studio enjoying a full plate of work. Right now I'm preparing for a four hour long session I'll be teaching in Louisville this weekend to a yoga teacher training group. Topics include intro To ayurveda and yoga therapy.

I'm looking through some of my books and manuals and compiling my information. I ran across the passage by Henry Miller and wanted to share:

"It's good to be just plain happy;
it's a little better to know that you're happy;
but to understand that you're happy
and to know why and how.....and still be happy,
be happy in the being and the knowing,
well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss."

I spend a lot of time debating happiness, satisfaction, fulfillment, bliss, and the idea of contentment. This statement is really sticking.

To believe with our whole heart that we can indeed create the things we need to fulfill our needs, hopes, and desires is blowing me away these days. And to find happiness and freedom within those places....the exciting and the ordinary is the thing I'm looking for most these days.

How about you? In what ways are you just plain happy these days?

**Photo of baby Zoey born one day before my birthday last year....a happy day indeed.

No comments: