Wednesday, December 26, 2007

oh the fun


Andy and I are having a blast here in DC! Here are some of the highlights so far:

*Christmas at Arlington - I had never heard of the wreaths laid on the headstones at the cemetery. It was completely beautiful. We also witnessed a beautiful wreath ceremony at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We were at Arlington on Christmas Day and the day couldn't have been more perfect. Andy and I even had a mini picnic in the grass. The warm sunshine made that quite enjoyable.

*The Lincoln Memorial - There was something very moving about climbing all those stairs and then all of a sudden coming upon a big, beautiful and thought provoking memorial. I was so excited to see him, I kept asking Andy on the way up "Where is he? Where is he?" The suspense was killing me! And the fog was crazy, you literally couldn't see him till you got all the way to the top.

*Walking the streets around Dupont Circle. I visited some great little shops like Beadazzled, Proper Topper and Kramer Books. We also ate at many yummy restaurants and picked up some of the best sugar cookies I've ever had from Marvelous Market.
*Attending Christmas Mass at St. Matthews Cathedral. We could see it from our hotel Topaz and it was the most beautiful church I've seen. It was also the site of John F. Kennedy's funeral.
*Shopping at Lululemon. It was a dose of yoga clothing heaven. After about an hour and a half later I walked away with two awesome pairs of yoga pants (and a husband that was oh so ready to move on). I would repay Andy later when I endure 2.5 hours of hockey at a Washington Capitals game. Give and take right? But we did finish the night at a fabulous Mexican restaurant, Rosa Mexacano.
Tomorrow will be my fun day to go and take random pictures and visit some yoga studio. Should be a great last day here in DC! I'll be ready to come home and get back to Barefoot Works. :-)

No comments: