Friday, October 19, 2007

dc at x-mas




I'm so excited! A couple days ago when I was having my funk of a day, I knew exactly what I needed. Andy and I have been planning for a couple months to get away together, just the two of us at Christmas. Oddly enough, we chose DC. It's been one of the places that we've wanted to visit together. Some people think it's odd that of all weeks to travel we chose the week of Christmas. But with both of our schedules, this will be the best week for us.
We decided that while everyone else is running around buying last minute gifts and preparing casseroles, that we would be running to museums, eclectic shops, enjoying coffee around the Topaz Christmas tree, and enjoying a nice romantic dinner somewhere for Christmas....prepared by someone else of course.
I think the thing I'm most excited about is staying at the Topaz Hotel. This is what makes me really giddy! With a description like this... "More than just a place to stay, the Topaz Hotel is a world filled with positive energy and good karma. Mystic beats to dance trance. Attendants dressed in sunburst tunics. Vibrant patterns and exotic textures. Transcend the everyday at Washington, D.C.'s most enlightened boutique hotel." and "
"Seeking someplace different? A retreat from the ordinary perhaps? Consider the Topaz Hotel, a tranquil oasis of positive energy amidst the heart of the Nation’s Capital. Good karma radiates from our hotel in Dupont Circle, where perfect balance infuses every detail. Inspiring accommodations somehow pacify and energize in the same breath. Our exotic ambience soothes while stimulates. Seamlessly weaving Eastern culture with sleek, modern design, we are a gentle yin to D.C.’s vibrant yang. Transcend the everyday at this Dupont Circle hotel and discover an invigorating hideaway within a convenient downtown setting."
Every morning you get a "morning power hour" which is an energy drink, there is a complimentary in-room yoga program complete with yoga reading material, new age cd's to listen to (while digging into the yoga reads), and the room has a teapot (and tea of course) and an alarm clock with soothing sounds options!
Can you tell I'm excited?! Leigh Ann lived in DC for years so she's gonna give me the inside scoop for all the best places to eat, drink, shop, be merry and festive. And get my yoga groove on of course. It will be a great chance to tour some studios, as there are so very many in DC. I want to go to Tranquil Space and check out the clothing and make it over to Flow and check out their eco friendly studio featuring both bamboo and cork floors.
Thank goodness I have a husband who indulges me in all things yoga. Thanks Andy. :-)

1 comment:

bella said...

The hotel sounds blissful.

And I'm with you on traveling for the holidays. We're doing the same thing for THanksgiving this year.