Thursday, March 01, 2007

Believe


And for all those dreamers who have come and gone
Who have reached for the stars who have overcome
You're the hope, you're the wish, you're the truth
Baby here's the proof...
Baby's born in the ghetto
Baby's born with a silverspoon
One tells his mama, "I have a dream."
One tells his mama, "I'll walk the moon."
-Jennifer Nettles (Sugarland)
The photo is of Jennifer Nettles and on her wrist she has a tattoo of the word "Believe". I've had some sort of weird obsession (maybe that's a bit of an extreme word) with this word for the last few years. It's sprinkled about my life, written on t-shirts, a small sign sitting at the top of one of my doors, and other random places. There is really something wonderful about the fact that we can do anything and be anybody that we wish, by believing...and working hard of course. Here's to all the believers.

No comments: